Contact our Law Office:


9am to
5pm CST
Mon. - Fri.

Check My Case Status

K Visa:

A fiancé(e) is a person who is engaged or contracted to be married. The marriage must be legally possible according to laws of the state in the United States where the marriage will take place.

In general, the two people must have met in person within the past two years. However, the Department of Homeland Security’s U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) grants some exceptions to this requirement. For example, it may be contrary in some traditions for a man and woman to meet before marriage.

K-1 Visa

If you are an American citizen and you want your foreign fiancé(e) to travel to the United States to marry you and live in the U.S., you must file Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) in the United States.

K-2 Visa

The K-2 Visa is for the child of the Fiancé/e of a U.S. Citizen.Documentary requirements for a K-2 Visa are similar to those for a K-1 Visa.

K-3 Visa

Spouses of U.S. citizens, and the spouse’s children, can come to the United States on nonimmigrant visas (K-3 Visa and K-4 Visa) and wait in the United States to complete the immigration process. Before a K-4 Visa can be issued to a child, the parent must have a K-3 Visa or have a K-3 Visa status.

K-4 Visa

To qualify for a K-4 Visa, an applicant must be the minor, unmarried child under 21 years of age of a qualified K-3 Visa applicant.

For more information, please fill out the web consultation form or call 312.588.0466.

Email us at:

  • Share/Bookmark