Contact our Law Office:


9am to
5pm CST
Mon. - Fri.

Check My Case Status

TD Visa:

Spouses and children (unmarried children under the age of 21) who are accompanying or following to join NAFTA Professionals (TN Visa holders) may receive a derivative TD Visa. Applicants must demonstrate a bona fide spousal or parent-child relationship to the principal TN Visa holder. Dependents do not have to be citizens of Mexico or Canada. Spouses and children cannot work while in the U.S. They are permitted to study.

Canadian citizen spouses and children do not need visas, but they must have the following documents at the port of entry:

  • Proof of Canadian citizenship
  • Proof of relationship to the principal applicant, such as marriage certificate and birth certificate
  • Photocopies of entry documents of the principal applicant

The maximum period of admission into the U.S is one year. The US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) grants extensions of stay in time amounts of one year. There is no limit on the number of years a TN Visa holder can stay in the United States. However, the TN Visa status is not for permanent residence.

For more information, please fill out the web consultation form or call 312.588.0466.

Email us at:

  • Share/Bookmark