Contact our Law Office:


9am to
5pm CST
Mon. - Fri.

Check My Case Status


Permanant Labor Certification

A Permanent Labor Certification allows an employer to hire a foreign worker to work permanently in the United States. In most instances, before the U.S. employer can submit an immigration petition to the Department of Homeland Security’s U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the employer must obtain an approved labor certification request from the DOL’s Employment and Training Administration (ETA). The DOL must certify to the USCIS that there are no qualified U.S. workers able, willing, qualified and available to accept the job at the prevailing wage for that occupation in the area of intended employment and that employment of the foreign worker will not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of similarly employed U.S. workers.

Applicants must meet the following criteria:

  • Applications filed on or after March 28, 2005, must file using the new PERM process and adhere to the new PERM Regulations
  • The job opportunity must be for a full time, permanent position
  • There must be a bona fide job opening available to U.S. workers
  • Job requirements must adhere to what is customarily required for the occupation in the U.S. and may not be tailored to the foreign worker’s qualifications. The employer must pay at least the prevailing wage for the occupation in the area of intended employment

A Green Card allows an individual to live and work permanently in the U.S. For a free consultation, please fill out the web consultation form or call 312.588.0466.

  • Share/Bookmark