Contact our Law Office:


9am to
5pm CST
Mon. - Fri.

Check My Case Status

TN Visa

NAFTA is the North American Free Trade Agreement. It creates special economic and trade relationships for the United States, Canada and Mexico. The nonimmigrant NAFTA Professional Visa (TN Visa) allows citizens of Canada and Mexico, as NAFTA professionals, to work in the United States.

Professionals of Canada or Mexico may work in the U.S. under the following conditions:

  • Applicant is a citizen of Canada or Mexico
  • The profession is on the NAFTA list
  • The position in the U.S. requires a NAFTA professional
  • The Mexican or Canadian applicant is to work in a prearranged full-time or part-time job, for a U.S. employer (see documentation required). Self employment is not permitted
  • Professional Canadian or Mexican citizen has the qualifications of the profession

The requirements for applying for citizens of Canada and Mexico are different.

For more information, please fill out the web consultation form or call 312.588.0466.

Or email us at:

  • Share/Bookmark